Monday, August 13, 2012

Taking Pictures.

My original introductory post follows.  I have now had my SLR for over three years and though my knowledge of my camera and photography is much more advanced then when I first posted this, I am nowhere near where I was hoping I would be.  I like my photos, but as with most amatures, I wish they were better and I hope to reignite the desire to improve by returning to this blog.

The original post:

Welcome.

I have always been a fan of taking pictures but have very little experience beyond the basic point and shoot cameras.  When I was a teenager I did play around with some film SLRs, but really didn't know what I was doing.

Within the next few days I am planning on purchasing a decent digital SLR and putting in some effort to become a decent photographer.  There are several websites out there that intend to teach people like me how to become better photographers and I plan on using those, books and possible some lessons (not sure about that yet) to better my photography skills.

This website/blog is intended to track my progress.  As I learn new techniques and produce post-worthy photographs I will post and discuss them here.  I'm not sure who my audience will be, but we'll see how it grows.

I will work with different photographic techniques, mostly in my areas of interest (travel, landscape, sports and general 'life' stuff).  I will also try to learn some post processing techniques (HDR, Photoshop manipulation, etc.) and will show and discuss the results.  As time progresses I may move out of my comfort areas and work with people to do portraits our more editorial work, and as I become more knowledgable I may discuss equipment in a somewhat intelligent way.  I also have some interest in seeing what I can do to bring in some money from my work, but that is in the distant future at the moment.  We'll see where it goes.

Originally Published: 07/29/2009
Updated and republished on the date of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment